Journaling is something I absolutely love! (in case you haven’t noticed yet 😉 ) I feel it is so important to have an outlet for our thoughts, a way to just reflect and release all the things swirling around in our heads, for me, journaling is one of those outlets.
Sometimes I know there are things in my head that I want to process, that I want to let out, and it can be hard to form the words or the right context to let them spill out onto the page. When I’m struggling with ways to let all of these things out of the chaos that is my brain, I usually turn to Pinterest to find journal prompts to help get me started.
That’s why this week I want to share some of my favorite journal prompts that have helped me get past that initial wall, and let my thoughts out. I’ve separated them into a few different categories to help you narrow down exactly what you are searching for in this moment. 🙂
To help bring about change:
- What are you looking forward to this year, month, week or day?
- List everything that is currently upsetting you, now reflect on what is in your control and out of your control
- What do I need to be happy?
- When you’re in pain, physical or emotional, what is the kindest thing you can do for yourself?
- Where do you find positive energy?
- What do you want in a morning routine?/What does your ideal morning look like?
- What do you want in a nightly routine?/What does your ideal evening look like?
To processing current situations/feelings:
- I am thankful for…
- Currently…(This is a mindfulness activity to simply notice your surroundings. List various things you are currently doing such as: wearing, eating, listening to, looking at, your location, exc.)
- What is working in your life right now, and what is not?
To boost your confidence:
- Write about an accomplishment you are proud of
- I am…
- What do you feel is your purpose?
To reflect on growth:
- What have you learned this past (week/month/year)? ***Stay tuned for a post that sprouted from this prompt, I’m still trying to put into words ALL that I’ve learned this past year!! ***
- What would you tell your younger self?
- What is something you have done that you would have NEVER imagined doing in your life?
I hope these prompts help you to grab your journal and do some self discovery ❤
Happy journaling friends, and have a wonderful week!